Elder Zachary Brandon Brown
England Leeds Mission
Lister House, Lister Hill
Horsforth
Leeds
England LS18 5AZ

Monday, March 24, 2014

Stake Conference

Hi mom and dad!  

So I'm finally recovered from this ridiculously inhibiting sickness, and I'm now back in action.  Hooray!  I was a little sad to lose the beard, though.  Thanks for thinking about me as you played that song :) .  We didn't actually do it, I guess they just did it last week for Ward Conference while I was sick.  Ah well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Stake conference was pretty interesting--I even got to translate for it!  Elder Sindylek and I tag-teamed it, and I'm actually starting to enjoy translating.  It was set up like this: all the Slovaks had earpieces, and then the translator had a microphone to speak into as the English people were giving their talks.  Everyone who had an earpiece heard whatever was said into the microphone. It was a neat thing to be a part of.  I also rode the bus there with the Slovaks, which was fun.  They would speak in a mix of Slovak and Roma, which I'm beginning to understand pretty well.  They like to joke around with each other a lot, and I even got some of the jokes they made in Roma.  I was so proud to sit with them all during stake conference and represent the Sheffield 4 branch.  I think it opened a lot of members' eyes to how big it actually is, and we only had a portion of the branch there.  I think the Slovaks liked it a lot as well, and I think they now have seen that this church is here in Sheffield more than they thought, too.  The talks were all very good, and everyone I talked to said they had a positive experience there.  A few of our investigators were able to attend, as well, which made me really happy.  They all enjoyed it, too.

There's not a whole lot to tell about this week thanks to the chicken pox that I've been stuck with, but the one day that I had something to tell about was pretty great.  Thanks for the letters you've sent, I really enjoyed all of them.  I'm glad you enjoyed my letter to all of you as well :) .  Talk to you next week, and I love you lots!

Z mojho srdca,
Starsi Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment