Elder Zachary Brandon Brown
England Leeds Mission
Lister House, Lister Hill
Horsforth
Leeds
England LS18 5AZ

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Changes!

Hey mom and dad!  Thanks for the email and pictures, it's always good to see the family.  You're right, I have a couple of buddies in that picture!  It's a hard area they're serving in right now, I think the branch has 0 active members (that's what Elder Jardine said). 

This week's been a really good one with a lot of interesting things and a lot of big changes in the zone.   Elder DeShazer got moved for his last transfer to Rotherham, and I got made district leader in his stead.  So I'm training and district leader at the same time...it's a lot of stress and responsibility, and I honestly don't need any more stress, but I trust God to know what he's doing.  I'm also really going to miss Elder DeShazer a lot.  He's a great guy and is one of my best friends out here in the mission.  Elder Williams is now going to be with Elder Misselvitz, an English-speaking missionary from Germany.  It's a lot of stress on him as well because it means he doesn't have any language support anymore while teaching.  Also I'll be driving within a couple of weeks; I have to take some driving lessons, so I have to pay for that out of my personal funds.  It's like £46 an hour, and I'll have probably 4 hours minimum worth of lessons.  After $100 spent out of my personal funds the mission will reimburse expenses, but initially I have to pay it out of my personal funds, so I need you to move some money into my card's account.  I'm not sure exactly how much but probably so that there's $350 there or so.

I'm about out of time now, so I'll write this week's miracles in the letter I'm working on for you.  Sorry about that :( . This email's a little shorter this week because I've been talking to some Slovaks who happened to be here at the library today (there's a miracle for you--I've never seen any here before!).  I also have to write more to the mission president now with my new calling.   So I'll finish up here, but know that I love you so much.  You're the best family on the planet, and I can't begin to express my gratitude for you.  Keep being the amazing people you are, you're a light to the world and to me :) .

Love, as always,
Elder Brown

D's Baptism

Zach translating at stake conference.  This is the Slovak section.

Some rest for the weary.  




No comments:

Post a Comment