Elder Zachary Brandon Brown
England Leeds Mission
Lister House, Lister Hill
Horsforth
Leeds
England LS18 5AZ

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Chickenpox

Hey there mom and dad!  I'm writing you from the Allen's house, covered in chicken pox and calamine lotion.  It's really a pretty miserable thing to catch this late in life...I'm not sure what exactly I did to warrant this kind of punishment.  In the Old Testament they had to practically rebel against God to deserve being smitten with skin diseases.  I thought I was doing a lot better than that! ;)  Oh well, there's not a lot I can do about it.  Don't worry about my flat mates getting it, they've all already had it and are therefore immune at this point.  I don't need you to send me anything, I have the things here that can be done to help, so I'm all right for now.  The chicken pox are everywhere, yes.  That means EVERYWHERE.  It's the ugliest, most uncomfortable thing I've had to suffer yet sickness-wise, I think.  Before the spots showed up I was unusually exhausted for like three days in a row, and I couldn't figure out why.  Then within a day my chest and back were covered, and it continued from there.  My head started hurting a lot, too, but I have paracetamol that I've been taking, and that helps a lot.  The vaccinations I don't think did a thing to help me in all honesty.  As for where I got the chickenpox from, it was definitely from one of a few families whose kids have had it over the last while.  As for what I'm going to do for the next while, I really have no idea.  I'm already dying to get out there and get back to work.  I just sleep a lot, read the scriptures, and I've been with the Allens, and we'll watch some (approved) movies I think.  Sister Allen already sent you a baptism picture I think, and it was better than the one I had on my camera, which I forgot anyway.  I'm glad you got my letter.  I'm not sure what to put in another letter to you now, though, because I just wrote you one, and there's not much going on at the moment while I'm down with chicken pox.  I'll see if I can get something together, though.

Before I end this email, I do have to let you know of one of the miracles that happened before I got sick.  Elder Frahm and I were walking home one night after a lesson against traffic on the sidewalk of a busy highway.  It was dark, and nobody was out and we honestly weren't expecting any kind of finding experience on the way home.  Well, God had a different plan, and a car ends up pulling over with a couple of Slovak Roma men in it that somehow recognized us as being able to speak Slovak and as people who teach about God.  How, I don't know because Elder Frahm and I don't look gypsie at all, and these guys didn't even know exactly what religion we were.  They talked to us for a bit and ended up inviting us to come over sometime, giving us their address.  It was completely unexpected, but a huge miracle.

That's all I have time for now, so I'll end here.  I'm doing ok, don't worry, just keep praying for me :) .  I love you all very much, and I'm so grateful for your prayers and other support.  You're the best!

Talk to you next week!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment