Elder Zachary Brandon Brown
England Leeds Mission
Lister House, Lister Hill
Horsforth
Leeds
England LS18 5AZ

Monday, March 3, 2014

New Miracles

Ahoj, matka a patka moje :) .  Thank you for the letters this week!  I'll begin working on yours shortly, I just had to finish one to Marissa this last little while.  I need you to tell some other people thanks, too, including grammy and papa for their weekly letter that they send (well, I guess that's mostly grammy haha): Aunt Tiffany wrote me, which was really nice, and the Argyles sent me a card again as well, so if you could let them know that I appreciated that, that would be great.

This week has been a really good one, which I am very happy to say.  We've been working hard, Elder Frahm and I, but we've had a lot of miracles this week that I'm really grateful for.  The first starts with a member referral--V and M, the two longest active members of the Slovak branch told us about a friend of theirs who recently moved in across the street from some other members (R and D).  They said that this woman wanted us to come over, so we got the address and went over there right away, having some time right then to do so.   We brought with us D, the member across the street, and ended up having a great lesson with them.  We gave them a Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment, leaving with high hopes for another great lesson upon our return.  The next lesson proved to be even better than the first:  We followed up on if she read the Book of Mormon, which she had and enjoyed it, and we once again had D with us. We ended up scheduling V and her two sons for baptism at the end of that lesson.  We found out as I was helping them fill out a form (translation is a form of service we do a ton of here) that neither she nor her husband smoke, which is so unusual but so amazing.  Her husband at this time hadn't yet arrived from Slovakia, but on Sunday he came to church along with the rest of the family, and they all enjoyed it.  It was so great to see them all there.

Another miracle was with young D (not the member one, but the girl who was in our miracle lesson last week).  This week we actually scheduled her for baptism this coming Saturday, and she's so excited for it.  She passed her baptismal interview with flying colors on Sunday, now completely prepared for this amazing step towards God.  She's so shy, but she's the got the nicest heart, and she really loves the gospel.  This week she said again to us what I though I'd heard her whisper to herself last week, that this faith is the true one, and that it feels different than anything else she's ever been around.  She wants me to be the one to baptize her because her dad can't (his stomach doesn't allow him to put any strain on it because of something to do with his intestines being in the wrong place).  Next week her family should be one step closer to being a family united in the gospel, and we're all so excited for them.  It's certainly a miracle, and God is continually proving to me that miracles truly never cease when we are in his service.

That's all I have time for for this week, though there have been more miracles that I wish I could share.  I'll make sure and put them in my letter home :) .  I love you all very much, and I hope that this week brings some miracles for you, too!
Love as always,
Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment